THIN AIR KIDS Classroom Visits!
CLASSROOM VISITS REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Our dynamic THIN AIR KIDS website is now open, so young readers (and the adults who support them) can explore original videos by a great group of CanLit heavy hitters. The site is open 24/7 throughout the month of February, so visit any time, and keep coming back!
Now, for the first time since the pandemic, we’re thrilled to be arranging classroom visits, both virtual and in-person, for many of these writers!
Between February 13 and March 24, you can book a writer to share their work, talk about writing, and perhaps even give your students some writing exercises and tips. We’re particularly excited to be partnering with MYRCA this year: all of our English-language titles for middle years and YA readers are on the current MYRCA list, so young readers can watch original videos by these writers, and you can supplement their experience by hosting one or two of them in your school.
What else do you need to know before you book a writer?
- Virtual / in-person visits: Offering both virtual and in-person classroom visits allows us to reach students across the province while minimizing our carbon footprint. To that end, in-person classroom visits are available ONLY for Winnipeg schools hosting a Winnipeg-based writer. All other classroom visits will be hosted via our Zoom platform.
- Classroom visit length: We’re booking one-hour slots (but we can offer two consecutive half-hours for kindergarten or grade one classes).
- Cost: We will invoice you $300 per visit after your visit is complete.
- Group size: We recommend a cap of 50 students per classroom visit.
- Total number of visits: In order to spread the love, we are limiting bookings to two visits per school.
Booking a writer is a streamlined process. In our registration form, you will inform us of the grade and size of your group, your preferred visit type, and your preferred times or dates. Our School Program Coordinator Evan will be in touch directly and fit you into our master schedule. (You’re also welcome to reach out to him directly at email@example.com if you have questions before registering.)